Friday, April 10, 2009

Professor Chism and the Sacred Heart Weekend

A crescent moon
A lilting tune
A prayer that soars above
Your daughters sing
While vistas ring
To honor the school we love...

Becky and I go way back to Saturday eighth grade Algebra class at that other high school across town.  We were the French version of the foreign language/science geeks at Sacred Heart Academy, class of 1982.  Together we attended French theater of the absurd plays in downtown Louisville, said the Angelus in French every Friday at noon in Madame Danzig's classroom with the view of the campus dogwoods, and endured the biting sarcasm of Father Wagner's A.P. English class.

In driving rain I picked up Becky in my white Toyota Corolla to go to Showcase Cinemas to see a movie the first night I got my license.  Becky drove me to KFC for senior lunch the first Friday she had her Honda Civic.

I gave up French; she gave up science.  Somewhere along the way we lost touch.

Her flight arrives this afternoon.  Rain is in the forecast.  We're seeing Louisvillian Jon Jory's production of Pride and Prejudice  on the UNC campus. We're taking in a comedy show at Dirty South Improv.  And we're catching up.  Where to begin?  Maybe hello.  Or better still, bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment