Thursday, August 9, 2012

She Wears It Well


I’ll admit I changed my Internet loading page to PBS NewsHour to get away from the mindless drivel of information that headlines on Yahoo.  Nonetheless, I find myself starved for some popular culture from time to time, and although I enjoy Jeffrey Brown’s segments, my diet is still deficient.
That’s why I found myself looking at an analysis of Kate Middleton’s spectator attire at the Olympics.  I’m happy to report I liked what I saw.  
What I didn’t see: toe cleavage, plunging necklines, tattoos, VPLs or even visible panties. Instead, I saw classic beauty in subtle wrappings.
I’m sure Kate would love to cut loose with some short shorts and peep-toe pumps, but I’m glad she’s promoting a demure, feminine image.
Now I can't get the song that mentions Madame Onassis out of my head.

But I ain't forgetting that you were once mine/
But I blew it without even tryin/
Now I'm eatin my heart out/
Tryin to get a letter through

“You Wear It Well”
Rod Stewart, Martin Quittenton

No comments:

Post a Comment